The Young Adults internship aims to build confidence and empower you into what God has called you to do.
Through planning events to assisting and helping in pastoral situations, we aim to equip you with knowledge and the skills in pastoring Young Adults aged around 18-30 and walking with them as they discover the purpose God has got for their lives. Through this you will learn how to do effective pastoral care and plan small and large scale events.
EXPERIENCES FOR THE INTERN WILL INCLUDE:
- Planning and implementing events and socials for our Young Adults community
- Learn how to connect with people relationally and help walk them through life’s challenges
- Develop your skills in pastoral care and events planning
- Develop skills in leadership and volunteer management
- Build on our relationship with Crawley College
- Liaising with the volunteers on team and helping create good team culture
- Planning events and socials for Young Adults
- Connecting with Young Adults at midweek events and Sunday’s and going to after service hangouts
- Live out and be devoted to our values at St John’s
HOPES AND GOALS FOR THE INTERN YEAR:
- To grow into all that Christ has called you to be and develop a real heart for people and seeing them transformed by the love of Christ
- To develop as a leader personally and develop effective pastoral skills
- To become more innovative as seek new ways of engaging Young Adults through events, socials and support.
WHO IS THIS FOR?:
This is for someone who has a real heart for people and seeing them transformed into who Christ has called them to be. With leadership input and training we aim to see you grow in confidence and Christ likeness and come out knowing how to engage with Young Adults and how a Young Adults ministry works.
Applications are closed for 2020, but to register your interest for 2021 please email email@example.com