Practising the way of Jesus, together, in Crawley
As disciples of Jesus, we make it our aim to be with Jesus, become like Jesus, and do what Jesus did. We are learning what it means to be a apprentice of Jesus through patterns based on His lifestyle, which enable us to access the power and presence Holy Spirit and to be changed into his likeness.
1. Find a group of four people of the same gender who want to prayerfully and practically contend for each other.
Register here to be connected into a pattern group with 3 other people from St John's. We will aim to connect you in as soon as possible and provide resources to begin well.
You may be in an existing group and wish to adopt the vision and practice of Pattern - Go for it!
- You don’t need to have been best friends for years. Sometimes its actually better if you’ve met more recently.
You just need to share a desire to follow the way of Jesus, be up for pursuing honesty as a pathway to transformation,
and commit to praying for each other in the power of the Spirit.
- Be brave in asking people, it’s worth risking “rejection” to build life-shaping community. Why not pair up and find another pair to join you?
- Asking people in your Group might be a great place to start
2. Diarise meetings and commit to them (we recommend at least twice a month).
– It’s often helpful if someone in the group is named as the “leader”. In other words, they’re the energy bringer: they keep everyone motivated and focussed.
– This is a space for you to be open, vulnerable and honest. This requires confidentiality, consistency and commitment.
3. Begin your journey